Luzi Type is the controller of data processing on this website (see section 1). You can contact us of any data protection relating concerns using the contact details in section X.
III. Personal Data:
Personal data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable person, that is information like name, address, phone number, but also IP address. Processing means any operation with personal data, irrespective of the means applied and the procedure, and in particular the collection, storage, use, revision, disclosure (making personal data accessible, for example by permitting access, transmission or publication), archiving or destruction of data.
IV. What we collect
When navigating in general:
We collect following non-personally-identifying information: browser type, language preference, referring site, and date with the server log file. Our server log file will be deleted automatically after one month.
When navigating in our Shop:
If you select a font in our shop, we remember your selection with cookies (see section VIII). This information is collected to enhance your user experience. These cookie is deleted automatically when you close your browser.
Our payment processing partner Stripe adds two cookie to our shop; to enable their secure payment system. These cookies are deleted automatically when you close your browser.
When you accept the cookie notice in our shop we store this selection with a cookie.
This cookie will be deleted automatically after one month.
When you purchase a font, we collect the following information from you:
- Full Name of Purchaser
- Purchaser Address
- Purchaser Email Address (optional)
- Licence Holder
- Licence Holder Address
- VAT Number (optional)
We use this information to fulfil orders placed through our Website.
When you buy a font, you agree to one of our licence agreements (EULA) and enter in a contractual relationship with us.
We will keep the respective data as long as our relationship is in effect.
Credit Card information is processed only and directly on the servers of our payment processing partner Stripe.
Luzi Type does NOT store any credit card information at any moment.
Additionally, we collect your email address when you subscribe to our newsletter.
V. What we NOT do
- We do NOT use any advertisement, tracking or fingerprinting services on our website.
- We do NOT use any Social Media-services, in particular NOT from: Google (Alphabet Inc.), Facebook, Amazon, Bing, Yahoo, Twitter, Digital Advertising Alliance’s or Nielsen.
- We do NOT add our customers to our newsletter without explicit subscription.
VI. What we share
If you place an order in our shop, we provide the necessary information to Stripe which is our payment proceeding partner.
This is necessary to proceed the purchase transaction. Please see the Stripe Privacy Terms: www.stripe.com/privacy
If you pay via Bank Transfer, we receive your payment at our bank PostFinance Ltd Switzerland. For further information please see the PostFinance Privacy Terms: www.postfinance.ch/en/detail/privacy.html
VII. Your Rights
We are glad to provide access to all personal information we hold about you.
Contact us if you like to exercise your following rights.
- Right to claim the correction of your personal data saved by us (please note the Licence Holder can not be changed)
- Right to claim the deletion of your personal data saved by us unless our processing is necessary to exercise our right of freedom of expression and information, to fulfil legal obligations, for reasons of public interest or to exercise, assert or defend legal rights
- Right to claim restriction of processing of your personal data
- Right to object to data processing by us (right of refusal)
- Right to receive information about the existence of an automatic decision making (does not exist at Luzi‑Type.ch)
- Right to revoke of your consent given to us at any time. The lawfulness of data processing until the revocation is not affected
- Right to enforce your rights in court or complain with the competent data protection authority (in Switzerland: Federal Data Protection and Information commissioner: www.edoeb.admin.ch)
You may turn off cookies in the settings of your browser, or also delete cookies manually or automatically. Because the removal or blocking of cookies is different for every browser, we kindly ask you to consult the manual of your respective browser and/or device to deactivate cookies. We would like to inform you that the functionality of our website may be partly or fully limited when cookies are deactivated.
For more information about cookies:
The updated privacy statement is available on our website.
X. How to contact us
Luzi Type is located in Bern, Switzerland and is represented by Luzi Gantenbein.
Please contact us
in case you need more information about our privacy practices.
Version November 2022